5 to 7 years old
Listen as your child astonishes you with her newfound ability to create musical compositions. Kindermusik for the Young Child provides a pressure-free, developmentally appropriate transition to musically succeed before taking on more formal instruction. Kindermusik provides the opportunity to explore voice development, rhythm, notation, musical symbols and authentic pre-keyboard, string and woodwind instruments.
Young Child helps every child develop a confident, joyful voice for singing and speaking as well as essential building blocks for a future of learning. Designed for children ages 5 through 7 years, classes meet once a week for 60-75 minutes. Students explore many facets of the musical experience-speaking, singing, moving, dancing, listening, creating and playing instruments, as well as learning about reading and writing music. As the capstone to the child's Kindermusik journey, Young Child broadens and deepens the child's introduction to the fulfillment and excitement of musicianship.
Benefits for Your Child and You
- Balances activities that integrate listening, vocal development, movement and performing in instrumental ensemble.
- Introduces your child to the written language of music while cultivating music creativity.
- Provides age-appropriate musical experiences that lead your child toward a lifetime of joyful music making.
- Helps you and your child recognize special interests or skills for future formal music instruction.
Enjoy the Journey All Week Long
Kindermusik is much more than a weekly class. And your At Home materials you receive from your educator are just the tools you need to continue that one-of-a-kind experience together as a family. While we plant the seeds of learning through music in the classroom, you will use the At Home materials at home to cultivate lifelong learning.
Family involvement in your child's learning is a fundamental cornerstone of the Kindermusik philosophy because we believe the parent is the child's most important teacher and the home is the most important place for a child's learning to take root and grow. Afterall, there's no better way to nurture your child's development - and you'll love doing it together - every day!
At Home Materials for Kindermusik for the Young Child Semester 2
- Children's Folder - including Music At Home cards and special stickers.
- Family Songbook with beautifully written & illustrated pages.
- Canvas Carry Bag with Young Child logo.
- Games Bag.
- Home CD.
- Purposefully selected instrument - Semester 2 includes the Glockenspiel with two mallets
Sample Images of the At Home Materials
Sample Music Clip(s) from the At Home Materials
Sample Music from the Kindermusik for the Young Child (2) Home CD
Note: Course offerings differ by semester. The courses listed below may or may not
be offered this semester. Consult the semester schedule for details on this semester's course offerings.
Young Child 2
Young Child 1
Young Child 3
Young Child 4