Newborn to 1½ years old
Imagine your child swinging softly in a blanket or dancing with you around a maypole. Village provides a delightful environment unlike any other. Through a unique blend of multi-level activities that includes creative movement, vocal play, object and instrument exploration, and a colorful literature component, your baby's growth and development are stimulated and all of his senses engaged.
Kindermusik Village, for children newborn to 1 ½ years of age, incorporates the most current research on early childhood development and provides families a special place for learning and connecting with other parents and babies through music and movement. High quality, professionally created class and At Home materials include Kindermusik Foundations of Learning, insights based on current research that educate parents about their babies' unique development.
Benefits for Your Child and You
- Educates you about your baby's total development through Kindermusik Foundations of Learning - statements based on the most recent research.
- Encourages joyful participation in a music making community.
- Nurtures bonding between you and your child through intentional touch warm-ups, exercises, interactive dances and musical play.
- Provides natural connections between singing and reading out loud, listening and communicating through literature books.
Enjoy the Journey All Week Long
Kindermusik is much more than a weekly class. And your At Home materials you receive from your educator are just the tools you need to continue that one-of-a-kind experience together as a family. While we plant the seeds of learning through music in the classroom, you will use the At Home materials at home to cultivate lifelong learning.
Family involvement in your child's learning is a fundamental cornerstone of the Kindermusik philosophy because we believe the parent is the child's most important teacher and the home is the most important place for a child's learning to take root and grow. After all, there's no better way to nurture your child's development - and you'll love doing it together - every day!
Sample At Home Materials for Zoom Buggy!
Below are some sample At Home materials for the Kindermusik Village course, "Zoom Buggy."
These are for example only; "Zoom Buggy" may or may not be offered for the current semester,
and the available materials might differ slightly from those pictured.
- Baby's Literature Book - Board book with delightful, colorful artwork.
- Baby's Home Journal - Scrapbook-like book that includes home activity cards.
- Home CD - Features all songs and chants from class plus more!
- Art Banners (two) - Aids baby's visual and language development.
- Clear Vinyl Storage and Carry Bag - Complete with handles, snaps and logo!
Sample Images of the At Home Materials
Sample Music Clip(s) from the At Home Materials
Sample Music Clip from the Zoom Buggy! Home CD
Note: Course offerings differ by semester. The courses listed below may or may not
be offered this semester. Consult the semester schedule for details on this semester's course offerings.
Cock-a-Doodle MOO! and Dew Drops
Zoom Buggy and Dream Pillow
Hickory, Dickory, Tickle and Bounce and Rhythm of My Day
Feathers & Do-Si-Do